Why Service is Important
Belts could wear and fracture over time. To avoid some of the most usual causes of failure, make sure your belts and hoses are checked at routine intervals.
Signs of Bad Belts or Hoses
Ask your mechanic about belts and hoses if you observe any:
- Loss of power
- Screeching or grinding sound
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching.’
How Often Should I Get My Car Belts & Hoses Inspected
It is advised to have belts and hoses inspected every 3,000 miles or every oil change.
What Does An Inspection Include?
A belt and hose pipe inspection checks for:
- Glazing, splitting, striping, and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Appropriate drive pulley alignment
- Punctures and splits
- Hardening, fracturing, and softening of hose pipes
- A cooling system pressure test to aid examine for leakages
- Loose or worn clamps
Automotive Belt & Hose Repair
Call Tires Plus of North Dakota soon to arrange your next belt and hose replacement or other auto repair center service. Tires Plus of North Dakota is thrilled to be your number one auto repair center and provider of tires in Bismarck and Minot.