What does the transmission do?
Transmission fluid coats and shields the gears in the transmission. This coating helps avoid too much wear and slipping of the gears. Therefore a transmission fluid flush must be performed every 30,000 miles. Why service is essential: Transmission fluid loses effectiveness eventually. Replacing your transmission fluid at routine intervals may enhance the life of the transmission and protect against particular transmission problems.
Protect the Life of Your Car With Regular Transmission Service!
Have your transmission examined if:
- Your car won’t move
- Difficulty shifting gears
- Transmission appears to be sliding
- Transmission is abnormally loud
- Leaking transmission fluid (magenta tinted and sweet-smelling)
- Grinding noises when shifting gears
- Issues with the clutch
- Check Engine light is on
Throughout a transmission flush:
- We go down the transmission pan and flush the old fluid
- We change the fluid and transmission filter
- Look for indications of wear, damage, or oxidation